The mission of our 300 RYT program is to expand upon the teacher’s understanding of yoga principles, continuing the process of finding and refining his or her true passions in yoga through an in depth study of anatomy, asana sequencing, and teaching specialized populations. We believe that teachers who are true and authentic to themselves best serve their students. Our unique academic approach allows our students the ability to flourish in areas that speak to them as teachers. Since each 300 yoga teacher in training is paired with an advisor/mentor it is our belief that the whole teacher is fostered.
- Applicants must have completed a 200 RYT training program.
- Applicants should have a regular yoga practice.
- Applicants should submit a complete application.
- Official entrance into the program will be at the discretion of Shanti Garudasana faculty and applicants will be contacted within one week of submitting an application.
- A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot in the course. The deposit will be applied to tuition.
- Full payment required upon registration unless using the pay by month option. Participants who pay in full will receive 10% off the total cost of training.
- $4,000 full tuition
- Participants who pay in full up-front will receive 10% off the total cost of the training.
- Cost includes 100 elective hours
Tuition includes the Yogaville retreat (first weekend of the training), mentorship, a training manual and a 15% discount on all in-house continuing education workshops.
Please contact us for any questions about payment plans.
Every student in the 300-hour teacher training program will be paired with a mentor that will guide the student towards his or her goals as a yoga teacher. Our mentorship program includes individualized attention and mentoring outside of training weekends.
- Anatomy & Physiology: A strong emphasis on functional anatomy, healthy movement patterns and practical application to yoga
- Teaching techniques training and practice: sequencing yoga classes for a variety of different populations and developing shorthand for asana sequencing
- Teaching Methodology: developing an effective teaching style and using language and voice
- Teaching Yoga for Specialized Populations
- The Musicality of Yoga
- Advanced Meditation and Pranayama Techniques and Practices
- Yoga Philosophy, Ethics and exploration of personal values and perspectives
- Study of the different types of Yoga
- The Business of Yoga: ethics, branding and marketing for the modern Yoga teacher
- Yogaville retreat
The Shanti Garudasana Yoga school follows the Yoga Alliance 300-hour standards for teachers trainings.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Translation and Commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras- by Nicolai Bachman
- Bhagavad-Gita: The Song of God, translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers and Practitioners, by H. David Coulter
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Human Body Coloring Book- The Ultimate Anatomy Study Guide
- The Secret Power of Yoga
- The Living Gita by Satchidananda
- Light on Yoga- B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.S. Desikachar
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes, by Mark Stephens
- Oct. 12-14: Yogaville retreat
(Cost included in tuition- please plan to keep all of Friday free for Yogaville.)
- Nov. 9-11
- Jan. 25-27
- Feb. 15-17
- Mar. 22-24
- Apr. 12-14
- May 17-19
- June 14-16
All training weekends include Friday 5pm to 10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-6pm.