The mission of our 200 RYT program is to provide a vibrant and substantive yoga training experience for students, faculty and staff at The College of William & Mary as well as anyone interested in an academic approach to yoga teacher training. While one of the goals of the 200 RYT program is to develop mature and talented yoga teachers to then serve the William & Mary community through the Integrative Wellness Center and Campus Recreation, it is the intention of the school to create lifelong role models and ambassadors for optimal yoga education and practice. Our program emphasizes practical experience and it is our goal to graduate informed and knowledgeable yoga teachers who are able to teach immediately upon receiving their 200-hour certificate. Our ability to include team teaching and mentoring makes this program a unique experience, where every graduate is confident in his/her teaching ability
- Applicants should be 18 years of age or full-time W&M students.
- Applicants should have a regular yoga practice.
- Applicants should submit a completed application.
- Official entrance into the program will be at the discretion of Shanti Garudasana faculty and applicants will be contacted within one week of submitting an application.
August 19, 2017
- A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot in the course. The deposit will be applied to tuition.
- Full payment required upon registration unless using the pay by month option. Participants who pay in full will receive 10% off the total cost of training.
*2018-2019 School year: Scholarship applications due March 1, 2018; All other applications due June 1, 2018
- Early bird paid in full (by August 1, 2018): $2,700 (10% discount)
- W&M Faculty/Staff: $2,000
- All college students at any college or university are eligible for a rate of $2,000. A limited number of these spots will be given and reference letters from the students' Campus Recreation or Recreational Sports departments will be required.
- W&M Students: To apply for a partial or full scholarship please complete the application on W&M Campus Recreation’s website.
Tuition includes a training manual and a 15% discount on all in-house continuing education workshops.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about payment plans.
- History of Yoga
- Contemporary Yoga
- Yoga Ethics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching Yoga
- Sequencing and planning a yoga class
- Meditation Techniques
- Subtle Energies & Pranayama
- How Yoga leads to Flourishing
- Yoga Business
- Asana practice/breakdown
The Shanti Garudasana Yoga school follows the Yoga Alliance 200-hour standards for teachers trainings.
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- Light on Yoga: B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.S. Desikachar
- Yoga Anatomy, 2nd Ed. by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
August 19, 2017
- August 26-27
- Sept. 29-30
- Oct. 27-29
- Nov. 10-12
- Jan. 19-21
- Feb. 16-18
- March 23-25
All training weekends include Friday 4-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-5pm.